Campus Services

Campus Parking/Driving

Campus parking is by paid meter or parking permit only between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Permits are available for purchase online at: The schedule of parking fees and fines is posted online at CCS encourages carpooling and bus transportation whenever possible.

Bus Transportation

Bus transportation is provided by the Spokane Transit Authority (STA) through a variety of routes. STA buses typically arrive and depart on a half-hour basis on weekdays and every hour during evenings and weekends or according to STA's published bus schedule.

At SCC, STA bus schedules are available in the Student Activities Office in the Lair Student Center and in the Student Services Building.

At SFCC, bus schedules are available in the Student Union Building at the Student-Funded Programs Office.

Bus schedules also are available at the Lodge, Adult Education Center, Magnuson Building, and Esmeralda Center.

Bus passes are available in the Cashier’s Office.


Childcare services are available at CCS for the children of students. Centers with full-day child care charge childcare fees and accept children through self-pay, state and federal aid programs with year-round registration. Centers are state licensed Head Start and Early Head Start sites with infant, toddler and preschool classrooms. Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded early childhood programs for families meeting enrollment guidelines. Full-time CCS students receive priority for enrollment. SCC and SFCC centers are nationally accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs.

Bigfoot Childcare Center at SCC is located north of the Health Science Building. For information, call 509-533-7170.

Early Learning Center at SFCC, Building 29, also is a lab school for the Early Childhood Education program. For information, call 509-533-3624.

Adult Education Head Start Center, at 2310 N Monroe Street, offers free Early Head Start and Head Start services for toddler and preschool aged children. For information, call 509-533-4650.

Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start

Spokane Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded early childhood education programs serving children of income-eligible families, from pregnancy to five years of age. The Early Childhood Education Assistance Program (ECEAP) is a state-funded preschool program for low-income families that gives priority to children who are four years old by August 31. Part-day services are free to eligible families and include early childhood education, nutrition, social services and disabilities support. Parent involvement is encouraged. Some sites provide fee-based full-day childcare services integrated with Head Start/ECEAP/ Early Head Start. At more than 20 sites throughout Spokane County, Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start staff and parents work together to provide positive educational experiences for children and their families.

For more information, including site locations, call 509-533-4800 or visit

College Stores

The Community Colleges of Spokane operates two stores. On the SCC campus it is located in the Lair Student Center and on the SFCC campus it is located in the Student Union Building. Information regarding textbooks is available online at Students are encouraged to shop early in store or online. You are able to use your Bigfoot/BankMobile card to place online orders.

Students attending CCS Rural Centers in Colville, Newport, Republic, Ione and Inchelium are served by the SCC College Bookstore. The Rural Center students in Pullman are served by the SFCC College Bookstore. These students will use the online website at to order their books.

The College Bookstore offers many services to students and staff including discounted AMC, Regal, Village Centre movie tickets, discounted tickets to Laser Quest and a Notary Public.

To find more information regarding textbooks required for your classes, go to Current hours of operation can be found on this website.

For more information call the SCC Bookstore at 509-533-7083 or the SFCC Bookstore at 509-533-3566; Rural Center students will call the same numbers.

Health Care

The Student Health Clinic is located at SCC in the Jenkins Wellness Center, Building 7, Room 118. The walk-in clinic provides services to students currently enrolled at SCC and SFCC. Care is provided by advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) and certified medical assistants. The clinic is open Monday through Friday during the academic year. Mental Health services are also available at the clinic.

Hours of operation are posted on the Student Health Clinic website.

Student Accident and Sickness Insurance

Registered CCS students qualify for a low-cost Injury Only plan through WA State Community Colleges school insurance. To sign up online, go to

Information regarding health insurance is provided online at the Student Health Clinic website.

Housing Assistance

Community Colleges of Spokane does not provide living accommodations for students. Students may call the Student Activities Office at SCC, 509-533-8657, Student-Funded Programs Office at SFCC, 509-533-3553, or the WorkForce Program Office at 509-533-3042 for information. Students also may consult the housing bulletin board, local newspapers or rental agencies for listings. Parents are encouraged to help the prospective student find acceptable housing within the Spokane area.

The following housing policy has been adopted by the CCS Board of Trustees:

"Persons interested in listing rental property with CCS are required to sign the Equal Availability of Housing card, which in turn will be posted on the college housing bulletin board.

"If a complaint is made to the Washington State Board Against Discrimination and said board finds that discriminatory practices have been in effect, the services of the college will be denied the property owner and the listing of the property withdrawn until there is a proper showing that such practices have ended."

CCS does not assume responsibility for independent housing facilities used by students.


The well-being and safety of students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are of primary importance to CCS. Students shall, to the best of their ability, make it their individual responsibility to keep themselves and their peer students free from accidents. In the interest of accident prevention, students shall obey the approved district safety rules and procedures as well as other, more specific safety rules, as outlined by their instructors.

For additional information, refer to WAC 132Q-94 online at

Students should promptly report unsafe conditions or any accident in which they are injured to their instructor or supervisor. All accidents are to be reported on the Accident Report Form (CCS 1220), available from department assistants in campus buildings and in the Office of Campus Safety, or online.


Security services for students and staff are provided by security officers on each campus. At SCC, the Campus Safety Office is in Building 50, Room 118. At SFCC, the Campus Safety Office is in, Building 16, Room 145. Thefts, accidents, lost and found, vehicle jumpstarts, key lockouts or any other inquiries or incidents related to security should be directed to this office. Security also coordinates escort services for students and staff to their automobiles or across campus.

For SCC, call 509-533-3333 at any time (24 hours) or visit

For SFCC, call 509-533-3333 at any time (24 hours) or visit

For Community Colleges of Spokane campus security policies and campus crime statistics, refer to the CCS Annual Security Report. To learn more about CCS's Emergency Management Plan, please refer to our EMP document.