Veterans Services

Information and assistance are available to all veterans, active duty members, spouses and dependents at each campus. Students intending to receive Veterans Administration (VA) educational assistance should coordinate with the office on their campus and present a certification of eligibility issued from the Department of Veteran's Services in order to qualify for benefits.

Spokane Community College
Veterans One-Stop
Student Success and Career Services
Lair, Building 6, Room 0112
(509) 533-7027
Spokane Falls Community College
Veterans Resource Center
Library, Building 2, Room 001
(509) 533-3504 or (509) 533-3900

Community Colleges of Spokane complies with the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 by providing in-state tuition for Veterans and eligible dependents. A veteran tuition waiver of 20% is available to students who qualify for financial aid and have at least $500 of unmet need. A Washington State tuition and fee waiver is available for eligible spouses and dependents of military personnel who were killed or permanently disabled while engaged in active military service.

The VA will pay solely for classes required for graduation in the student's selected field of study. Students are responsible for tuition and fees for courses not required for their degree, where credit has already been earned from a prior school or where credit has been awarded from Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), Advanced Placement, or challenge exams. Students must consult with their advisor and veteran's coordinator to make certain the courses they take fit in with their educational plan. For more information, refer to

Community Colleges of Spokane offers priority registration to veterans, active duty members and their spouses.

Students must make satisfactory progress toward their degree by maintaining a quarterly 2.0 GPA. Please see the Academic Standards Policy section of the Catalog for more information.

Veterans and Reserve/National Guard Educational Benefits

Application for veterans and guard/reserve VA educational benefits is initiated through the Veterans Services Office:

  • SCC: (509) 533-7027
  • SFCC: (509) 533-3504

A copy of Veterans' DD 214 (member-copy 4) and/or the VA provided Certificate of Eligibility is required to initiate benefits.

Educational benefits are available to eligible members of the Selected Reserves or National Guard who have a current six-year (or more) commitment. A "Notice of Basic Eligibility" form is required from the Guard/Reserve unit and must be presented to the campus veteran's coordinator to initiate benefits.

For more information regarding eligibility, contact a local Reserve or National Guard unit.

Veterans Tuition Waivers

Consult with the campus veteran's coordinator regarding eligibility for all veterans waivers (provide copy of DD 214):

  • SCC: (509) 533-7027
  • SFCC: (509) 533-3504

There is a 20% veterans waiver for students who qualify for financial aid and have at least $500 of unmet need.

Need more information?
Phone: 509-434-5162