Community Colleges of Spokane
Excellence | Access | Achievement | Stewardship | Respect
To develop human potential through quality, relevant and affordable learning opportunities
that result in improved social and economic well-being for our students and our state.
Community Colleges of Spokane transforms lives and uplifts humanity, inspiring students to
lead communities, build the nation and enrich the world.
Spokane Community College
Spokane Community College offers educational opportunities in college readiness, workforce training, and university
transfer that meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to student success through active
learning, dynamic relationships, and supportive environments.
Workforce Development, Academic Transfer, College Readiness, Student Success
Spokane Community College is where students transform their lives and attain their goals, enriching our communities.
- Student success
- Mutual respect
- Life-long learning
Spokane Falls Community College
- Academic Excellence in which both the learner and teacher are responsible
for the learning that reflects intellectual vitality, curiosity, creativity, and rigor.
- Academic Freedom in which we recognize freedom of speech, expression and ideas as
well as the rights of students, faculty, and staff involved in intellectual
inquiry in the development of knowledge.
- Collaboration in governance and working collegially in partnerships which recognize the
synergy resulting from broad participation and valuing all voices.
- Diversity in our students, faculty, staff and community in the belief that it enriches our learning and growth.
- Personal Excellence which reflects integrity and caring in the entire work of the college.
- Respect for each other in recognition of diverse life
experiences and the promotion of collegiality based on the belief in
human rights and the dignity of each individual.
- Student Success enhanced by our comprehensive support services designed to help students succeed.
- Environmental Stewardship through which we demonstrate our respect and responsibility for the natural environment.
Spokane Falls Community College meets the needs of our community by advancing student achievement through quality,
accessible learning opportunities that embrace diversity, promote equity, and foster global awareness.
We fulfill our mission through five core themes:
SFCC faculty, students, and administration commit to excellence in instruction and learning.
SFCC provides students with the tools and opportunities to achieve their goals.
SFCC opens access to all students through a variety of teaching methods, modalities of instruction and services, and locations.
Diversity, Equity, Global Awareness
SFCC advances diversity, promotes equity, and prepares students to live responsibly in an increasingly global civilization.
Responsiveness to Community Needs
SFCC meets the changing needs of our community stakeholders through collaboration and innovation.
SFCC is an educational leader and partner with the community and region in
providing flexible, responsive programs of the highest quality. Our faculty
and staff are dedicated to student success, cultural enrichment and lifelong
learning in a student-centered environment that encourages personal and
Institute for Extended Learning
The Institute for Extended Learning, one of three educational institutions of Community Colleges of Spokane, develops individual potential and enhances economic prosperity of the communities we serve.
In collaboration with our accredited partners, we provide a dynamic and responsive spectrum of education and training programs and services for the benefit of individuals, families, employers and organizations.
The Institute for Extended Learning uses time tested and innovative educational delivery systems to give students, both urban and rural, access to learning opportunities they otherwise might not have.
The Institute for Extended Learning will be:
- A beacon for students of all ages and backgrounds.
- A leader in innovative instruction and services.
- Widely acclaimed and emulated for its dynamic and flexible delivery methods.
- Renowned for its responsiveness, collaborative partnerships and diversity.
- The Institute for Extended Learning equips and empowers individuals and their communities.
We change lives!
And here's how we do it:
With education centers in Pullman, Colville, Newport, Republic, Ione and Inchelium, where students can earn college certificates and degrees.
With literacy, GED, English as a Second Language, High School Completion, and refresher classes in math, English and college transition skills
- at easily accessible locations in communities all over Eastern Washington. (We've even got some classes online!)
With programs like Career Transitions and PACE Services that give people a leg up as they cope with personal, physical or emotional challenges
in their lives.
With affordable lifelong learning opportunities for people of all ages - Millenials, Gen Xers, Boomers, Seniors. Have fun. Refresh old skills.
Learn new ones. Prepare for a new career. You name it, we've probably got a class for it.
And with Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program) and Parent Education/Cooperative Preschools...
programs that focus on the future - your kids.
At the Institute for Extended Learning, we change lives. How about yours?