Campus Services

Bus Transportation

Bus transportation is provided by the Spokane Transit Authority (STA) through a variety of routes. STA buses typically arrive and depart on a half-hour basis on weekdays and every hour during evenings and weekends or according to STA’s published bus schedule.

At SCC, STA bus schedules are available in the Student Activities Office in the Lair Student Center and in the Student Services Building.

At SFCC, bus schedules are available in the Student Union Building at the Student-Funded Programs Office.

Bus schedules also are available at the Lodge, Adult Education Center, Magnuson Building, and Esmeralda Center.

Bus passes are available in the Cashier’s Office.

Campus Parking/Driving

Students, faculty, administration, college personnel, guests and visitors shall not stop, park, or leave a vehicle whether attended or unattended upon the campus without a parking permit issued pursuant to WAC 132Q-20-040, except visitors who will be given a reasonable time to secure a parking permit which is available from the college store, Cashier’s Office or the parking kiosk. Parking meters are also available for students, employees or visitors to park on campus. The schedule of parking fees and fines is posted online. CCS encourages carpooling and bus transportation whenever possible.


Childcare services are available at CCS for the children of students. Centers with full-day child care charge childcare fees and accept children through self-pay, state and federal aid programs with year-round registration. Centers are state licensed Head Start and Early Head Start sites with infant, toddler and preschool classrooms. Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded early childhood programs for families meeting enrollment guidelines. Full-time CCS students receive priority for enrollment. SCC and SFCC centers are nationally accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs.

Bigfoot Childcare Center at SCC is located north of the Health Science Building. For information, call (509) 533-7170.

Early Learning Center at SFCC, Building 29, also is a lab school for the Early Childhood Education program. For information, call (509) 533-3624.

Adult Education Head Start Center, at 2310 N Monroe Street, offers part-day infant, toddler and preschool-aged services. For information, call (509) 533-4650.

Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start

Spokane Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded early childhood education programs serving children of income-eligible families, from pregnancy to five years of age. The Early Childhood Education Assistance Program (ECEAP) is a state-funded preschool program for low-income families that gives priority to children who are four years old by August 31. Part-day services are free to eligible families and include early childhood education, nutrition, social services and disabilities support. Parent involvement is encouraged. Some sites provide fee-based full-day childcare services integrated with Head Start/ECEAP/ Early Head Start. At more than 20 sites throughout Spokane County, Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start staff and parents work together to provide positive educational experiences for children and their families.

For more information, including site locations, call (509) 533-4800 or visit

Stomping Grounds College Stores

The Community Colleges of Spokane operates two stores. On the SCC campus it is located in the Lair Student Center and on the SFCC campus it is located in the Student Union Building. Information regarding textbooks is available online at Students are encouraged to shop early in store or online. You are able to use your Bigfoot/Higher One card to place online orders.

Students attending CCS Rural Centers in Colville, Newport, Republic, Ione and Inchelium are served by the SCC College Bookstore. The Rural Center students in Pullman are served by the SFCC College Bookstore. These students will use the online website at to order their books.

The College Bookstore offers many services to students and staff including discounted AMC, Regal, Village Centre movie tickets, discounted tickets to Laser Quest and a Notary Public.

To find more information regarding textbooks required for your classes, go to Current hours of operation can be found on this website.

For more information call the SCC Bookstore at 509-533-7083 or the SFCC Bookstore at 509-533-3566, Rural Center students will call the same numbers.

Health Care

The Student Health Clinic is located at SCC in the Jenkins Wellness Center, Building 7, Room 118. The walk-in clinic provides services to students currently enrolled at SCC and SFCC. Care is provided by advanced practice nurse practitioners (ARNPs) and certified medical assistants. The clinic is open Monday through Friday during the academic year. Mental Health services are also available at the clinic. Hours of operation are posted on the Student Health Clinic website. Students must present their ID card to utilize these resources.

Student Accident and Sickness Insurance

Optional student accident insurance or combined accident and sickness insurance coverage for the student or the student and dependents may be purchased at the time of registration. The insurance remains in force as long as the student remains enrolled in school and pays the premium each quarter. The student must be registered for six or more credits per quarter to be eligible. Brochures describing the coverage are available at the SCC or SFCC Cashier’s Office.

Housing Assistance

Community Colleges of Spokane does not provide living accommodations for students. Students may call the Student Activities Office at SCC 509-533-8657, or the Student-Funded Programs Office at SFCC, 509-533-3553, for information. Students also may consult the housing bulletin board, local newspapers or rental agencies for listings. Parents are encouraged to help the prospective student find acceptable housing within the Spokane area.

The following housing policy has been adopted by the CCS Board of Trustees:

"Persons interested in listing rental property with CCS are required to sign the Equal Availability of Housing card, which in turn will be posted on the college housing bulletin board.

"If a complaint is made to the Washington State Board Against Discrimination and said board finds that discriminatory practices have been in effect, the services of the college will be denied the property owner and the listing of the property withdrawn until there is a proper showing that such practices have ended."

CCS does not assume responsibility for independent housing facilities used by students.


The well-being and safety of students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are of primary importance to CCS. Individuals are responsible for cooperating with one another to achieve a safe and healthful learning and working environment and students should report unsafe conditions to their instructor or supervisor.

For additional information, refer to WAC 132Q online at

Students should promptly report any accident in which they are injured to their instructor or supervisor. All accidents are to be reported on the Accident Report Form (CCS 1220), available from department assistants in campus buildings and in the Office of Campus Safety, or online at


Security services for students and staff are provided by security officers on each campus. At SCC, the Campus Safety Office is in Main, Building 1, Room 147. At SFCC, the Campus Safety Office is in Building 16, Room 145. Thefts, accidents, lost and found, vehicle jumpstarts, key lockouts or any other inquiries or incidents related to security should be directed to this office. Security also coordinates escort services for students and staff to their automobiles or across campus.

SCC, call 509-533-3333 (24 hours) or visit

SFCC, call 509-533-3333 at any time (24 hours) or visit

For information on crime prevention and safety tips, please refer to

For Community Colleges of Spokane campus security policies and campus crime statistics, refer to For the CCS Annual Security Report, please refer to To learn more about CCS’s Emergency Management Plan, please refer to

Need more information?
Phone: 509-434-5162